374 Olds 350 stroker build

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Run a high volume pump, and it'll be fine. It might get a little sticky if you got a roller with the bronze gear, though. I made the decision to throw Mark's roller lifters on some unknown flat tappet cam that's on the shelf for the Spare Parts 350, today. It's purely for peace of mind and not wanting to throw new flats on an old cam.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Sounds like you should have had Mark do your stroker...sometimes your better off spending more $ to get a solid no worries build. Just my 2 cents.
He is really good, I wish that was in my budget. I will be checking their work with a dial bore gauge and mic on the crank.

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
Time flies at our age...liking your 2004r thread...going to have to buy one...have about a month to get ready for my engine swap

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I am pretty sure this crank will need ground to the next undersize due to a tiny glob of rust on one of the mains and at least 3 small nicks on rod journals. I want .0025" rods and mains. I am not half assing this build, I just think it will go together easier and less headaches, wait and cost than the 3.5" stroke motor. I will find another machine shop for it, I will have the parts for it too. Mark has a mild roller in stock that should work. It is 218/218 .525/.525" on a 112 LSA. I think there has been issues getting cam blanks and don't need a motor together without a cam. No bronze gear necessary with his cam blanks. I really liked the 214/214 .472/.472 flat tappet custom till it started losing lobes, plenty of torque and decent mileage. I also don't need 400+ hp right now or bye bye near stock TH2004R.

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It is getting the Canton pan, pick up and I assume the high volume oil pump. I may not run the 1/2" 4 main Halo on this one, maybe just the ARP main studs.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I am pretty sure this crank will need ground to the next undersize due to a tiny glob of rust on one of the mains and at least 3 small nicks on rod journals. I want .0025" rods and mains. I am not half assing this build, I just think it will go together easier and less headaches, wait and cost than the 3.5" stroke motor. I will find another machine shop for it, I will have the parts for it too. Mark has a mild roller in stock that should work. It is 218/218 .525/.525" on a 112 LSA. I think there has been issues getting cam blanks and don't need a motor together without a cam. No bronze gear necessary with his cam blanks. I really liked the 214/214 .472/.472 flat tappet custom till it started losing lobes, plenty of torque and decent mileage. I also don't need 400+ hp right now or bye bye near stock TH2004R.

Always get a little more cam and a little more converter than you think you need. Gives you room to grow.

Reactions: 2 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Yeah, it must be nice to spend everyone else's money on a project.
To be fair, CERB is something you pay back during tax season. It's a loan, not social assistance or "free" money.

• Informative
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Always get a little more cam and a little more converter than you think you need. Gives you room to grow.
It is all about the current combo, I was hoping for the rest of the year to fix that☹. I currently have a converter that flashes around 2300 to 2350 rpm and 2.78 gears. A big cam and 3000 stall will hate that gearing. The 374 stroker will probably be 10 to 1or whatever Mark thinks will be good for the new Edelbrock heads on 91 with a much more aggressive roller cam. It will get more stall and a 3.90 posi in the type O.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
To be fair, CERB is something you pay back during tax season. It's a loan, not social assistance or "free" money.
Good, since Canada is now 1 Trillion in the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor