383 Stroker Ignition Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RECKS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2007
I just recently put a stroker into my 1986 Cutlass. I used the stock HEI distributor but with a MSD Digital-6 ignition (replaces the stock module too).

My ignition seems to just turn itself off now. For the first few days, it was running fine, but then I would be driving and all of sudden the RPM would drop right down to 0 then come up again. Very rarely will it stall itself out. It's like someone just quickly shut off the MSD then back on again. It will do this all the way from idle up to WOT.

I thought it was a short, I rewired the MSD using 8g power wire direct from the battery and went over all of wires going to the distributor numerous times. I still can't find the problem. I've taken it to the same shop I had it dyno'd at and they can't find the issue either.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm getting really frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor