BUILD THREAD 383 stroker or LS Swap?

RegalChris1986

RegalChris1986

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 16, 2019
Long Island New York
I have the option to build 383 stroker or LS Swap right now what is the best option? Reasons why? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RegalChris1986

RegalChris1986

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 16, 2019
Long Island New York
Well I already have a sbc 350 and I’d have to rip the 5.3 outta my plow truck. Soo I don’t know what to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Streetbu

Streetbu

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
This will just start a war. Old school vs new. Costs, ease, etc, etc, etc. I have a sbc in my Malibu, but want an LS and fuel injection. More power, better fuel economy, will either turbo or supercharge it down the road. Does cost more to swap, but has more benefits too....

Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
It's all in what you want, how much money, time, etc into the swap.
For the record, I have a brand new in box Comp 268XFI cam and lifters that would be great for a stroker setup.

bob64

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
I think it's really going to come down to your mechanical skills. You already have the 5.3 an component's to throw it in oooorr spend the money on stroker kit an a rebuild.

Then there is how people feel about LS swaps vs sbc. Do you care what people think? I always do what l want but it can effect some people in there thoughts.

There is the money aspect, family an so on. Knowone on this forum can't tell you or honestly change your thought process. I bet if you had put up a pol you'd get pretty even views.

So for real shits an giggles throw a Cummins in it an turbo the crap out of it!

jlcustomz

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
I was about to do a tpi 383 stroker in 2002' when I ended up getting the LS1 complete with 6 speed for my tpi stroker budget. Yea the LS has been great even internally stock for all the usual reasons, bla bla, but the stroker I was gonna build would have made near 500 ft lbs torque. The 346 Ls won't ever do that.

So as much as anything, make your choice according to use, budget & what you feel comfortable with. Do you plan on daily driving it fair distances or just part time use.
A carbed 383 stroker will suffer in daily traffic & a little 5.3 ls will never have the same low end bite. Not comparing apples to apples here. No need for a start a war thread.
No bad choice if picked right. I'll leave it at that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LsxBuickRegal1982 G-Body Build Threads 0
xxBLOOD88SHOTxx G-Body Build Threads 0