383 stroker or LS Swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
This will just start a war. Old school vs new. Costs, ease, etc, etc, etc. I have a sbc in my Malibu, but want an LS and fuel injection. More power, better fuel economy, will either turbo or supercharge it down the road. Does cost more to swap, but has more benefits too....

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
It's all in what you want, how much money, time, etc into the swap.
For the record, I have a brand new in box Comp 268XFI cam and lifters that would be great for a stroker setup.

Reactions: 1 users

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
I think it's really going to come down to your mechanical skills. You already have the 5.3 an component's to throw it in oooorr spend the money on stroker kit an a rebuild.

Then there is how people feel about LS swaps vs sbc. Do you care what people think? I always do what l want but it can effect some people in there thoughts.

There is the money aspect, family an so on. Knowone on this forum can't tell you or honestly change your thought process. I bet if you had put up a pol you'd get pretty even views.

So for real sh*ts an giggles throw a Cummins in it an turbo the crap out of it!

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
I was about to do a tpi 383 stroker in 2002' when I ended up getting the LS1 complete with 6 speed for my tpi stroker budget. Yea the LS has been great even internally stock for all the usual reasons, bla bla, but the stroker I was gonna build would have made near 500 ft lbs torque. The 346 Ls won't ever do that.

So as much as anything, make your choice according to use, budget & what you feel comfortable with. Do you plan on daily driving it fair distances or just part time use.
A carbed 383 stroker will suffer in daily traffic & a little 5.3 ls will never have the same low end bite. Not comparing apples to apples here. No need for a start a war thread.
No bad choice if picked right. I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor