383 stroker swap????

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlownSmoke

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2009
To start off i have a 1984 monte carlo ss w/ a freshly planted 383 stroker motor. I have completely eliminated the computer. All wires are in the stock pisition but thats it, nothing is connected to anything. AC pump has been removed, thats about it for removals. Motor is complete with headers, distributor, starter, carb w/ cleaner, fuel pump... Its has came along way from what it used to be, Ive already put oil in it and primed it. One problem, I dont know anything about wiring. I couldn't do it to save my life if i had too, So im asking for help..... Does anyone know which wires NEED to be hooked up and to what they hook up too? If you could start from the battery and work your way across, it would be greatly apreciative... Thank you :blam:

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
next time mark the wires before you rip out the motor.

now what we need to know is are you planning on using all factory guages?

next option, which i highly recomend, look at another monte and check to see what wire you need to use, with your set up it should be only about 6 wires from the harness that you'll be using

brown wire=oil pressure sending unit
pink wire=+coil distributor
yellow=tach
pinkish red with fusible link=big terminal on the starter
purple=small termianl/solenoid starter
green/blue=temp. sending unit
big *ss red wire with battery end= + post on battery
other end of that big *ss red wire= big post on your stater (shares the same post as the pinkish red fusible link wire)
big *ss black wire with battery end= -negitive post on battery
If it has altenator ends on it= altenator wire

don't quote me on that, that's what my car was but it was old n dirty and wire could have been a different color so like i said before i would look at another car, or get a good circut tester that energizes the wire so you can see what it works

BlownSmoke

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2009
Well i did label everything, I am no fool... But because i labeled most wires which had nothing to do for original start up and weren't going to be used it was pointless.. i know where a few go to but i dont know if i have them all, based on what you gave me i will go through my wires and see if i can get them in the right place. I am using oringinal gauges...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor