3D Printing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
the problem with that is you actually have to deal with G body parts and their sales"tactics"...
So you're saying you can pay for one, but when, or even if, you get one is anyone's guess

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
So you're saying you can pay for one, but when, or even if, you get one is anyone's guess
Marcel Agree GIF by Swisscom

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I think I have one set left if a sample is needed to move this forward. As I recall, they are sunburnt/rough, but the basic structure is there.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
The biggest gotcha I've run into so far is just the time it takes to print most anything useful. I figured hey I'll print myself a little array of those little resistor storage drawers for the bench. blow the drawing up to 2x size bc its really tiny, and its been going for 18 hours and still says 13.5 to go. ouch. Ima just go buy some bc wtf. I can say I did it tho.

5FCE6F33-F528-44BD-BC33-733D0E8EF438.jpeg

On the subject of those wagon wing(?) mounts. And other various unobtanium parts…. If somebody wants to send me a set I can try to measure it/them and come up with a drawing at least. I think I remember how to do that 🤔 lol. You’ll get them back. No idea when you’d actually see them (them being the final parts, you'd get yours back when I'm done with them obviously...)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
You’ll get them back. No idea when you’d actually see them.
So, it's youd be going under the name GP403bodyparts? Snag the name and business model? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Thought CaliWagon83 handled that a couple years ago.....

Did anyone get the design file?

I have the file sitting in my Shapeways (contract printing company that does my model parts) file vault.

The person that drew it up didn't render the file into printing format at high enough resolution (tetrahedron mesh) and the file is essentially junk.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I have the file sitting in my Shapeways (contract printing company that does my model parts) file vault.

The person that drew it up didn't render the file into printing format at high enough resolution (tetrahedron mesh) and the file is essentially junk.
I know nothing about 3D printing, so please bear with me..

Is it that the part comes out needing too much finish work? Or some other issue? Just curiousity, really, I'll never need them.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I know nothing about 3D printing, so please bear with me..

Is it that the part comes out needing too much finish work? Or some other issue? Just curiousity, really, I'll never need them.

False alarm, I re-uploaded it and somehow it came through better?

This is how it was, I looked at pricing and it seemed odd.
1640368063003.png

I re-uploaded it and its better.
1640368080271.png

I can print it out of Nylon which is semi flexible for ~$35 shipped for a set.

Thank Cali Wagon dude.

Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor