4 wheeling anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Went to party last weekend in the woods cause the entrance was no longer blocked so only side by sides could get through so went to go have a fire and just like that on Monday I brought home another tracker (probably 5th one) . I'm huge fan of the Suzuki's out of many jeeps, square body Chevy, rangers, Toyotas I've wheeled the Suzuki's seem to take the most punishment had probably 10 samurai's but people want 3000+ for one around here the for one pretty beat .Anyhow picked up this 02 tracker already been wheeled but came with 9500lb winch ,cut mud tires and welded rear axle . So started to go ahead start taking useless things out like , cruise, AC lines, air box, pisser tank, also trimmed the front sheet metal up relocated the light lower and put a 2in lift (spring spacers) from a Cherokee at the junkyard on it . Like to throw some tubing on it soon but one thing at a time , looking for some taller tires 31-33" has 30s on it now. On side a note winch works great got it stuck in a swamp but hopefully the rain holds off trying to go wheel Friday night, nice fire ,beer 👍
IMG_20200414_104510411.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Nice. Even those seem to go for a fair amount around here, and by that time they are also rust buckets :/

Reactions: 1 user

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
20 years ago or so, my best bud had a Samurai that saw 9000rpm quite often. Well, it didn't actually have a tach, but it sure sounded like 9000.
Eh you bang 6500 all day lol clutch,1st,clutch,rev ,repeat quick as possible foot gently through floors that probably aren't there until you get out a hole lol

Reactions: 1 user

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Back in high school, all the time. Everyone had something to go in the woods with. This thing on some 31s went a lot of places it shouldn't have and pulled out a lot of stuck stuff much bigger than it. Not that it didn't get stuck too.

100_5841.jpg

downsized_1203111447a.jpg

Funny, that rodeo next to it got a baby lift, 32's, and sunk/hydro-locked. Pulled it out, put a starter in it and it ran with a bad knock for about a week.

459938_3304430964973_874531413_o.jpg

Now, the risk is too great for me to really wheel like we used to. No where to go where you won't get caught up around here anymore. But I do have plans to lift my w250, and maybe actually get it off road some day.

Reactions: 3 users

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Offroader since 30 yrs. here. From Samurai (had about a dozen), through lots of Cherokees, Nissans, RAM 2500 etc.
I've got a side business as offroad driving instructor and tour guide for more than 20 yrs. now. I teach people to offroad from small 4x4's up to 8x8 military and fire trucks. Did Baja-/ Dakar-style racing for some years to a point I had to get airlifted from Northern Africa to Germany one time.
Those Samurais are great. Buddy and I built one for racing. LWB, caged, 2.0 16V Ecotec, 5 Speed, triangulated Airshocks etc. That thing held up pretty good, being half the weight of anything else.

Reactions: 1 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I've got a couple of buddies that had the 2dr trackers years ago, that wish they still had them. I drove 1 of theirs, and gotta say, I felt like I was driving in a goldfish bowl...
sister-in-law had a samurai years back (after my brother passed away ), and probably had 300+k on the clock with bare minimal maintenance. was still running like a sewing machine when she sold it....

both are great vehicles, but I'd still rather have a CJ....

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
Once upon a time I had a hoard of half ton square body axles, front and rear. Bought a lot of them for a steal from a dude needing to clear his hoard, in hopes that one would be like a 3.73 or 4.11 for the rear of my c10. No dice, sold most of them to a guy with a bunch of samurais.

Have a 97' extended cab hardbody on 33s with a single cam that finally gave up the ghost at 300k. Last kid that had it never did the timing chain and it eventually ate thru everything and finally the tensioner went and boom. Have a mint engine out of a 94' with only 90k. Had it bolted in for the last few weeks, hoping for some good weather this weekend and hopefully I can at least get it running, then I still have to put the front diff back in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor