442 Option Package or Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
So what RPO got you the red plastic inner fenders. My cousin had a Gold colored 442 with the under bumper air inlets and the red inners.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Not up on Oldsmobile RPO codes but I believe the air scoops and red inner fenders were part of the W-30 package.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Not up on Oldsmobile RPO codes but I believe the air scoops and red inner fenders were part of the W-30 package.
You're thinking of the OLD days. In the late 60s and early 70s, the W-30 package was something different than it was in 1979. RPOs actually do change sometimes from year to year, although Oldsmobile liked to use the W codes to delineate something to do with performance, but not all the time (WL7 for example- it's just a discount code).

The W-30 package say, in 1970, meant you got the W-25 Outside Air Induction package, which included the fiberglass scooped hood and air cleaner system. It also included red fenderwells, special paint stripes and W-30 fender badges, reduced car insulation, special select-fit engine with special cam and intake and carb and heads. It mandated or included some options like limited slip, excluded some (like no power brakes on a manual transmission). In 1975 for example, the W-25 was the 350 version of the Hurst/Olds, and the W-30 was the 455 version of the Hurst/Olds.

Later on, they used the W-30 on the front fender of the 79 H/O and 80 442 which was the RPO for those packages.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor