442 radiator re-core-ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizza442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2017
Local longtime, old-school radiator shop quoted me $489 to recore my original radiator in my 86 442. Yikes, and he admitted that I could get a new rad for half the price but I do want to keep the orig numbered, GM tagged tanks which are in great shape. Did say that this would be a high quality/no China core and of course I know they have been around/family owned and operated since 1972 but ouch

pizza442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2017
Just talked to another local, oldtimer and he quoted me $275-350 so it's getting a lot better but running out of oldtime, reputable shops to call!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Just talked to another local, oldtimer and he quoted me $275-350 so it's getting a lot better but running out of oldtime, reputable shops to call!

that's because most don't want to pay for quality so shops can't compete with amazon and close up

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor