455 and column shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommytpk

Apprentice
Nov 18, 2014
Hopefully getting the 455 dropped into the 79 Cutlass "soon" and heard from someone who I trust that the BBO will interfere with the column shift mechanism. My column is in great shape and I would like to keep it. Did anyone run into this issue, and what did you do?

Thanks--
Tom

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
With headers, there may be interference, otherwise no.

tommytpk

Apprentice
Nov 18, 2014
OK, thank you. Using W/Z manifolds. There was concern that the head itself would interfere.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I'm running an olds 455 in my 79 with w/z manifolds, no problems with the stock shifter rod when i had my 200-4r trans in it.
Keep going, you'll have fun with all the torque.

Deadeyejedi80

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2018
Saratoga springs ny
just did this yesterday no issues yet .but as stated above ,headers may pose a problem .all my linkages hooked up great at the transmission.my problems are on the passenger side with that dam ac box 😣

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor