stomis

Master Mechanic
May 14, 2010
Brick NJ
Yep just need 60s corvette brackets.

Jim85IROC

n00b
Oct 6, 2010
I've got these heads on my Camaro, and I'm using the stock Camaro accessory mounting. My alternator is in the stock passenger side position. I have the alternator mounted to the bracket in the factory manner, and at the back of the alternator I ran a small bracket from it to the front header bolt. I just scoured a junk yard and pulled anything that looked like it would be the right size. A little tweaking in the vice and elongating a couple holes got the bracket where it needed to be. The alternator feels stable, and in 10 years I've never thrown a belt.

If I think of it I'll try to snap a couple pics next time I'm under the hood.

Veltboy618

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2008
Jim85IROC said:
I've got these heads on my Camaro, and I'm using the stock Camaro accessory mounting. My alternator is in the stock passenger side position. I have the alternator mounted to the bracket in the factory manner, and at the back of the alternator I ran a small bracket from it to the front header bolt. I just scoured a junk yard and pulled anything that looked like it would be the right size. A little tweaking in the vice and elongating a couple holes got the bracket where it needed to be. The alternator feels stable, and in 10 years I've never thrown a belt.

If I think of it I'll try to snap a couple pics next time I'm under the hood.
the pics will help. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor