4L60E Flywheel Dust Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I'd like to put a dust cover on the 4L60E. The one I had on the 700R4 will not fit -- hole pattern doesn't match and it's not the correct form factor. The 4L60E casing is pre-98 (it's a PerformaBuilt Level II). FWIT, the engine is a BBC (454). I've searched on-line but can't seem to find anything (not chrome, just plain black plastic).

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
I think plastic and aluminum(4wd) is all I've seen on those.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The 4L60E on my Series 2 swap was just a flat sheet of steel as the bellhousing isn't cut back on an angle like the a TH350/400 at the bottom. The entire bell face is flush with the block face. It has some strengthening ribs pressed in, and is a 2002 (may make a difference?)

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 user

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Jared,
Thanks!! Now I understand (somewhat...). I can see why such confusion exists, because people tend to say that the 700R4 and the 4L60E have the same Flywheel Dust Cover. I can vouch that it's not true in all cases. It probably depends (IMHO) on the transmission case (bellhousing). There are most likely small variations that GM made over the many years of production and not everything is properly documented.

At least now -- due to your help! -- I can search and try to find something that'll fit.

Much appreciated!
Andry

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I will take a look today and see if I still have the aluminum 4wd cover. You can have it for shipping if I didn't chuck it. They are a good cover but I only run Olds V8's so the starter hole is on the wrong side.

Reactions: 1 users

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I will take a look today and see if I still have the aluminum 4wd cover. You can have it for shipping if I didn't chuck it. They are a good cover but I only run Olds V8's so the starter hole is on the wrong side.
This is why this forum is so great -- many people are always willing to help!

Thanks for taking the time to look!
Andry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor