4L60e won't shift out of 1st gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

The1Heisenberg

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 21, 2017
West Lafayette, IN
Hey guys I know I haven't posted at all since I joined but I can't work on my car when I'm at school. Either way, I've been trying to solve a no-shift problem with my LT1 swapped Cutlass, not your typical G-Body issue but here goes.

Background on car: 1986 Olds Cutlass Supreme w/ 1996 Caprice LT1 and 4L60e swapped in by previous owner.

When I first got the car one of the problems it had was the transmission was stuck in limp mode (3rd gear only). I've replaced both shift solenoids, the VSS, and the car came with a different PCM ( I'm not going to say new because I have no idea.) I also changed the filter and put new fluid in. After all that, the car is now stuck in first gear.

Today, I scanned the car and got the following codes:
P0753 - Shift Solenoid A Electrical
P0758 - Shift Solenoid B Electrical
P1864 - Torque Converter Clutch Circuit

I'm assuming this is the solenoid wiring harness, and I realize that this probably isn't the best forum for this specific issue, but I'm just curious if anyone has any insight on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor