4th Gen Fbody Rear Disc Install with E/Parking Brake Fully Functional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
There is more than one way to skin a cat. I found a way to use factory G body cables. Read my build thread for details.

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
And there isn't anything wrong with either approach. They each have their benefits. It's nice to have choices. Frankly I was just too lazy to find your thread and see how you did it 🤣

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
And there isn't anything wrong with either approach. They each have their benefits. It's nice to have choices. Frankly I was just too lazy to find your thread and see how you did it 🤣
This here I updated today, I had nowhere near the info in it before. The LT1 Rear Disc setup has been on my SS since late 2010, had the E-brake/parking brake working but no where as refined as it is now. One of them I got tired of messing with it, cracked a beer and came up with an idea. Then again June 2016 I had just graduated from college with my Mechanical Engineering Degree at the time so that may have helped. 🤓

Is that cranked onto a bushing or did you use a lock nut backed off a turn or so?
Ironically it's a bolt the threads bottomed out perfectly to where it moves freely but not loose. I put some Anti-sieze all over it before install 6 years ago, no issues. :)

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
This here I updated today, I had nowhere near the info in it before. The LT1 Rear Disc setup has been on my SS since late 2010, had the E-brake/parking brake working but no where as refined as it is now. One of them I got tired of messing with it, cracked a beer and came up with an idea. Then again June 2016 I had just graduated from college with my Mechanical Engineering Degree at the time so that may have helped. 🤓

Ironically it's a bolt the threads bottomed out perfectly to where it moves freely but not loose. I put some Anti-sieze all over it before install 6 years ago, no issues. :)

Ahh it shanked out then, nice.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Yup. My initial thought was a stamped/bent M10 locknut on it to where it moves in rotation but not any end play. Pretty sure that's what's on it the threads just bottomed out perfectly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor