5.3 carnage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I as well as most of you have probably seen engine carnage but this is the worst I've seen
Start at 15 minute mark for internals.

Reactions: 1 user

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
My guess is that motor starting knocking, someone scrapped the car, the salvage yard knew the motor was damaged so they put it to the wood to see how much it would take...

I know the owner of a local salvage, ask me how this was my guess... Seen it many times.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
A knocking engine can be repaired
Why would they destroy it totally?
I guess I'm looking for an answer other than 'because they can'
😆

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
A knocking engine can be repaired
Why would they destroy it totally?
I guess I'm looking for an answer other than 'because they can'
😆
Because they could...

Hell I have some interesting stories about working at a dealership in service during the cash for clunkers program

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I had a buddy who had been married long enough where his nuts were in her purse 24/7, had a 99 Trans Am 6spd car. She wouldn't let him mod it unless something was "broken".. but she didn't know cars. He got a bad lifter tap one day so we hooked up my HP Tuners since I had his unlocked already, turned it up to 7800 on the limiter and took turns rowing gears until it spit rods. Lasted longer than anticipated. In went a LS2 with a Cam, then the 10 bolt blew out eventually, so a 9" went in, then the T56 broke 2nd gear so we built that up haha it's a never ending cycle..

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Because they could...

Hell I have some interesting stories about working at a dealership in service during the cash for clunkers program
Yup, seen a few dozen of them, put that liquid glass in the engine and stand on it. Locks up. Saw many decent ones come in and had to get locked to get the money..

• Sad

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Yup, seen a few dozen of them, put that liquid glass in the engine and stand on it. Locks up. Saw many decent ones come in and had to get locked to get the money..

They started taking bets on how long they would last... Then that got old.. so then started the burnouts, then the nitrous

It all suddenly stopped the day the owner of the dealership drove into the lot, there was a Northstar Cadillac nosed into a light pole doing a burnout while getting nitrous sprayed at it, and a cloud of white smoke billowing from the rear tires... The whole shop out there watching, service manager literally holding the money... waiting for the stop watch to read the time she locked up ...

The service manager saw the owners vehicle and once he thought he wouldn't be seen, ran faster than I had ever seen him run back to his office like he didn't know a thing... Successfully played it off that he wasn't back there and "had no idea"... while getting his assed chewed because gear heads were having a little fun for the first time in their careers.

Unfortunately for all of us, when he ran he took the stop watch with him... So no one got paid on probably the best cash for clunkers liquid glass lockup at our location that took place... That was also the last one that got nosed to a pole, did burnouts or got nitrous tossed at it .....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
its a clear liquid that becomes a solid when heated. when put in place of engine oil, it stops flowing when the engine heats up. the engine will lock due to no oil and the oil passages are contaminated with glass rendering the engine unusable and not rebuildable.

i was able to pick up a complete t56 trans from a 94 z28 at the local upull yard after this was done to the engine. 😁

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor