5.3 swap in my 1987 cutty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 7, 2015
hi I have a 1987 cutlass I was wondering if a 5.3 with the truck accessories fit under the hood and the truck oil pan I have the ls1 intake so I know the intake will clear the hood thanks

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
From what ive been reading they do fit with 1" setback plates. im doing a 5.3 swap in the my 87' cutlass as we speak. Slower then i planned due to budget but I know what I need to finish it.

jobe41off

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 1, 2012
i am doing an 85 cutty with a 5.3 turbo'd. what are you guys running for fuel pumps?

Apexweights

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2015
Hey guys, I have a 83 hurst/olds. I love Oldsmobile's but, the engines are not my favorite. I am going to swap my 307 with the LS4 5.3. I just want to confirm some things with you guys. I am going to change the LS4 to carbureted, and buy the timing module with the intake manifold. I bought the engine mounts, but I was wondering about the 200r4 transmission bolting up to the LS4. Am I going to run into any problems. By the way I did take the transmission to a shop and they beefed up my transmission a few years ago.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
That motor has a bell housing pattern for a front wheel drive trans. No rear wheel drive trans will bolt up to it. And I'm not sure if there's an adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor