5.7 IAT Wiring Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'm going down to my dad's this weekend, and he is having some trouble with his 93 Fleetwood with a 5.7L. It has a conventional air cleaner assembly, so does that mean it's TBI?
Anyway, he yanked the wires out of the IAT plug. He got a pigtail, but both wires are white. The closest thing I could find on the interwebs was a tan and black that go to the IAT with black being pin A and tan being pin B going to the ECM. I think it was an F-body site. The problem is that he has tan and purple. Is it safe to assume the wiring is the same? Or, if anyone has AllData that could pull it, that would be awesome. TIA
HszfWZt0-520568109.jpeg

Last edited:

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
That's not an LT1.

IAT is just a resistor so wire orientation probably doesn't matter.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
That's not an LT1.
Fixed it.
A guy at work has ShopKey access. I was able to confirm that the tan goes to the ECM, and the purple is common to other sensors. The purple goes to pin A on the MAP, so I am going to ASSUME that the tan goes to pin B like the other diagram showed. Might not matter, but I'd rather put it back the way it was.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
So, the IAT works, now it needs a knock sensor.

Something cool I found was that you can pull the OBD1 codes through the climate controls. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to erase the code, just read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor