5.7l heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewpie79

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2006
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I don't know much about this topic, but I can get a set of heads off of a 5.7l engine for almost nothing. The casting numbers are 810. Would these fit on my stock 305 or would it be a waste of time?

giant

WASTE OF TIME

the combustion chambers would be huge compared to your small 305 head combustion chambers, you would lose alot of power and torque, esp down low

If I remember right the vortec heads are 64cc, is that the same as the stock 305 heads?

downinit25i said:
If I remember right the vortec heads are 64cc, is that the same as the stock 305 heads?

stock 305 heads are 58cc iirc

Sorry to jack the thread, but what kinda compression do you think i could make with stock 305 heads on a pretty much stock sbc350?

I recall reading about guys putting 305 head onto 350. The problem is you've got to get them to flow, so I think they usually put in bigger valves when they do that.

the best heads from a 305 to put on a 350 are the 416 casting numbers. they ran from 80 - 86, mostly in caprices i think.

i think the compression is around 10.5 - 11?

it gives you ALOT of low end torque with the increased compression but from what ive heard it starts to choke around 5,000 - 5,200 rpms

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor