500 Cadillac in a G Body

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I assume the later 368 ran a R4 compressor, curious if that would work with the Edelbrock intake? Of course then you have to run a POS R4 compressor.

android211

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2019
Florida
Yes I have the pancake compressor. I lengthened the front mount to make the compressor sit higher and shortened the rear brace about an inch.
Everything lined up after I did that using the Edelbrock intake. When I bought the car (used) back in '97 the R12 filled a/c system would freeze you out of the car. Long drives meant putting the fan on the lowest setting. On R134 - not so much. And rebuilt compressors always leak.

Reactions: 1 user

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
Been a while since I checked in here good to see everybody doing good.

Did a video of the Caddy/El Camino build so figured I'd go ahead and post it here.

Reactions: 10 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Been a while since I checked in here good to see everybody doing good.

Did a video of the Caddy/El Camino build so figured I'd go ahead and post it here.

I’d love to see a vid of it running!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor