500 rwhp 350 chevy in 1986 Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosshog

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 3, 2018
Minnesota
Hi im newer to the these forums and I am looking to build a 500 rwhp Monte Carlo. I am planning on using the 350s out of these cars and want to be able to run the motor on 93 octane. The motor will be carb'd. I understand engines well and have had my fair share of LT1s that I have built but they were all fuel injected so im looking for some help on building a 350 with a carb out of a monte carlo. Thanks ! and I hope this is the correct spot for this thread. The car will be a weekend driver meant to be beaten alot. Would also like a little bit of reliability if possible. I am also curious on how much the parts will cost and what parts I should run.

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
I would go with supercharging of some kind of horsepower. I have a 500 HP plus 377 supercharged small block chevy in my 1979 Z-28 RS Camaro.Its quite street able as well

Attachments

• image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 207
Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
A 350sbc at 600hp at the flywheel, l guess your stroking it, big cam an really good heads. Say ouch!

Agreed. A power goal of 500 rwhp with an old school SBC is possible but not without a radical cam and/or some more cubes with high revs.

You would be better off going junkyard LS 5.3 with a cheap turbo. Less money and more power.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Bosshog

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 3, 2018
Minnesota
SBC isn't my skill set, l'm a BBC guy. Put alot will depend on your piston, otherwise its guessing.

What year is the SBC?
Well I wanted to use the sbc 350 that came out of the SS but at this point I just want a block that'll drop right in and work out. Any suggestions on the block and that parts with it? im guessing im gonna have to be around 10/11 to 1 cr to make this work on 93

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor