6.0 intake on 5.3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gig

Apprentice
Feb 5, 2020
San Antonio
I’m in the middle of a swap. 85 Camino already have a 5.3(2001 Yukon installed) but no intake yet. Came across a locked up 6.0 (2007). Can I use the coils and intake on my 5.3? Thanks cause the rest of this build is uncharted territory for me need some advice.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Yes, the intakes will be the same.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Just double check that they are cathedral ports.

The coils will fit, but if the designs are different (which they are/should be) they are programmed differently in the ECU. Things like dwell time should be changed to match.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

Nuh-uh, that 07 may have the holy grail TBSS intake which would absolutely work. OP if it's a cathedral port truck intake with a 4 bolt TB it's the TBSS style. I think they angled the TB up as well.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Depends on what the 2007 Engine is, as mentioned above.

3 Bolt Throttle Body type Intake will be electronic DBW and will NOT have the thread inserts in the top for the throttle cable bracket on the cable stuff.

4 Bolt Throttle Body as mentioned above there are 2 types, cathedral or rectangular port.

Cathedral is the TBSS/NBSS Intake you need a Throttle Body for or an adapter.

Rectangular L92 Intake will not work with Cathedral Heads.

Given in 2007 if it's factory the L92 was a 6.2l so what is on that 6.0l is one of two types of Cathedral Intakes most likely.

Coil packs we swapped on the 5.3l type with the heat sinks, those are the best.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Nuh-uh, that 07 may have the holy grail TBSS intake which would absolutely work. OP if it's a cathedral port truck intake with a 4 bolt TB it's the TBSS style. I think they angled the TB up as well.

Depends on what the 2007 Engine is, as mentioned above.

3 Bolt Throttle Body type Intake will be electronic DBW and will NOT have the thread inserts in the top for the throttle cable bracket on the cable stuff.

4 Bolt Throttle Body as mentioned above there are 2 types, cathedral or rectangular port.

Cathedral is the TBSS/NBSS Intake you need a Throttle Body for or an adapter.

Rectangular L92 Intake will not work with Cathedral Heads.

Given in 2007 if it's factory the L92 was a 6.2l so what is on that 6.0l is one of two types of Cathedral Intakes most likely.

Coil packs we swapped on the 5.3l type with the heat sinks, those are the best.
Hmmm. An ‘07 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 will be cathedral port. All cathedral port intakes will bolt on and be fine.

Hopefully the OP understands that a DBW and DBC TB require different wiring. To use a Trailblazer intake requires an adapter plate that’s $20-30. I pulling for that he can figure that out as well - 3 vs 4 bolts for the TB.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Kinda hoping that he understands the differences in fuel rails as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor