60ft? Traction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myles

Apprentice
Jun 17, 2011
Hey guys, curious what to expect.

My fresh 355 81 Malibu ran 11.27 with a 1.51 60ft. 5000stall 4.56 28-9 MT slick. Was lifting front wheel 6", passenger side about 1". Car twisting, drivers rear wanting to lift on launch too.
Bone stock rear suspension with a 12 bolt, that's it.

Traction started going away, 1.51 up to 1.62. I know the slicks were finished but never mattered on my slower 12 second motors.

------

Just installed the following:

-Fresh 28-9 MT slicks again
-Anti roll bar.
-QA1 single adjustable rear shocks (0-18, so set at 9)

Do you guys think I'll be okay or will I be on the edge of spinning again?

Iv heard only good things with roll bars.

Plus rear shock adjustment? I know ideally I'd want to go forward but i like lifting the wheels. Still the qa1 adjustable coil overs up front.

My qjet as per cliff ruggles is currently SPOT ON, foot braking

Curious of your thoughts

Thanks guys

Attachments

• 20210618_120415.jpg
    20210618_120415.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I don’t know the answer to your question, but the anti roll bar that keeps the weight more evenly distributed to both sides is going to make all of your launch/traction tuning of the shocks and tire pressures be at square one imo. But you’re going to be the 1st to know lol.

Does it launch straight? Can you ties down the front suspension?

Myles

Apprentice
Jun 17, 2011
I don’t know the answer to your question, but the anti roll bar that keeps the weight more evenly distributed to both sides is going to make all of your launch/traction tuning of the shocks and tire pressures be at square one imo. But you’re going to be the 1st to know lol.

Does it launch straight? Can you ties down the front suspension?
First run ever
Didnt lift but hooked

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'm sure you've heard about making too many changes at one time...... The new tires and ARB should definitely be improvements. I wouldn't touch the shocks for a few more hits, though. Get your air pressure right, then tune the shocks to the new stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Something something take a minute and set up your suspension properly.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Again one thing at a time. Too many changes leads to things going wrong and nothing to compare to identify the issue. I'd recommend a notebook to track everything in your setup per run.

• Agree

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I think you’ll be at a good spot to start setting the shocks basically 50/50. See how it works.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
First off are you spinning. Other reasons could be the way you stag your car - launch RPM - the weather, and track prep. and diffent tracks.
Since you say your tires are gone that would be first thing to buy. Here is an some info to check out your suspension

I noticed your front end doesn't come up much and stops which can upset traction - make sure All your suspension parts have fee movment.
Anti roll bar a must. Shocks need to be played with, I would personally start at 90/10 and document your launches. Any reason your leaving at idle.
My Regal runs the same times as yours and my next move is the radials. We put them on the Sonoma and extremely happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor