632BBC on my Monte 88

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpayano420

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2017
Hollywood, fl
Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice on building my Monte as an pro street car. I'm working hard saving a lot of money; my reason for wanting to put a 632 on my Monte is because I love the power that it has and I want what I want. My questions are do I need a K-member? What turn-key engine company should I go with? and because the 632 is big, what shocks do you guys recommend? And any other opinions you guys have? Thank you

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Our cars don't even have K members....

Why a 632? Thats a hell of an engine that's gonna need a hell of a transmission, rear end, fuel system, ignition system, chassis, etc to go with it....

You're gonna need way more than shocks like mentioned above

What's the info on your car? What is already done and what do you have the means to do?

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am curious what kind of budget you have to work with since once you purchase the engine (minimum $12.000) you will need a built trans and rearend to handle the power and because of the size of the engine and taller deck height you will need a custom header and exhaust system.
You will also need a healthy ignition and fuel system for your 800+ horsepower along with suspension and frame upgrades.
Also are you doing all the work yourself or do you have to budget for labor costs also?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
A lot of work to make a g-body work right with that power it will need to come apart before it can go together and I mean like body off box rails build cage kind of work don't get me wrong I'd love to see it in a build thred but it's a lot of work

• Agree

wpayano420

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2017
Hollywood, fl
Thank you for the reply 83montess, well a good friend of mine had a 632 in he's Camaro and it ran very; I can still feel the power still this day. The car now is fully strip and getting ready to take it to a chassis place to reinforce the chassis.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Winner

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Have you done anything to the car in preparation for this kind of power?
Are you doing everything yourself or is there going to be a labor cost coming out of your $32,000 proposed budget?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
And so you know there is no such thing as too much information about the car and your plans and parts lists etc.that you can give us.
Many of us have already done everything you are about to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor