!@#$%^ &*()?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I'm so god damn irritated. The Transmission in my Regal took a dump for no reason. It worked perfectly fine with the other engine, worked perfectly fine with this one, I go to move it out of the driveway, NOTHING. Most it did was kind of go into reverse. What the f*ck. It revs then slowly mushy goes slips into gear. Doesn't idle down when in gear either. What the hell. If anyone has a "ran when pulled" short shaft BOP TH350 lying around takin up space, I'd gladly take it off your hands. Otherwise, I'm back to square one. Motherf*cker.

Last edited:

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Also first one to guess what the title is gets a virtual cookie. Hint: Oedipus.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Did the torque converter engage the pump? Can you pull out the converter bolts and spin the converter freely or is binding on the flexplate?

Don't give up on it yet.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Did the torque converter engage the pump? Can you pull out the converter bolts and spin the converter freely or is binding on the flexplate?
Yeah, it engaged. The thing was driving around a couple days ago just fine. I could spin the converter freely before I bolted it to the fleplate, there was a little less than a finger width gap inbetween the two.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Have you checked the fluid level?
Yes. Right at full. The thing won't go into gear until I give it some throttle, takes until about 1500 rpm for it to start moving. had it up on stands, at idle in gear the wheels weren't even spinning. It drives, but I gotta give it a lot of throttle. It acts like it has a stall, but it doesn't. It's the stock derpy 1100rpm converter, same that was in it with my other engine. Last week it could basically idle at 30mph. It would idle itself forwards and backwards from a stop as well, now it won't. It's not completely garbage, but it is not long for this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor