67 442 NOT-build Thread!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Hey, this is just for anyone interested in the older ones. And I have NOT forgotten I owe some of you 0-60 and tire smoke!

635975425821158739.jpg

635975426446939989.jpg

Since after only 12 pages on my VIN tampering thread I managed to actually get a 2nd old driver car bought, a 67 442, I thought I would document it here. Now, I hope under threats of divorce from the wife [I exaggerate] that this does NOT turn into another build thread as I intend to just drive this, just knowing me, it will be impossible to not tinker . . . just the way of things with my brain.

So, for my first act of stupidity, I mean tinkering, before the car even got here, I knew the car had mismatched tires on it and the guy told me they were 14s, so I found an aftermarket set of 17" SS1s for reasonable and between a sale price plus $160 worth of rebates at Discount Tire, I got a set of 245/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sports for $540 [that never happens so it was nearly like divine intervention it seemed].

Unfortunately, the car got here and it has 15" SSIIs so I kinda wish I would have just put the 245/60/15 BFG TAs I bought for my 87 that were only driven on once before I [seems like permanently] scattered it to just burn them up first. So, my BFGs are still for sale, I guess. Nice thing about these wheels is they will accept the factory center caps so they should look like they belong.

Wheel p*rn: Arriving Wed

usw-527-8812_xl.jpg

Tire p*rn: Arrived Already
mmihz0.ang.xl.jpg

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 8 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Big car with big wheelwells, I think the 17" are going to look kickass on it...can't wait to see it!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
I had 245/60-15s on the back of my 79 T/A. They're a HUGE tire! I can't fathom anyone running them on all 4....

You know, I've heard that before. Also that they had to rub on my 87 but they didn't. Now, I only had them on for a short period and did not like run an auto-x course with them while they were on but just normal driving they did not rub. They might well rub on the 67 though?? Let's hope that answer is YES so this was a smart decision, not an oversight, deal?

EDIT: Although, post drop with the suspension swap, they might well have rubbed on my 87??

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
The first thing that HAS to go is the junk Holley carb that is on it. That thing pissed me off bad enough just getting the ole girl off the delivery truck and into the garage. So, this beauty arrived today [Saturday delivery even]. Obviously, with electric choke, it is NOT a numbers match but it is an 800cfm set up by National for my big block [we'll see how accurate that is] and the electric choke is just a personal preference. In the meantime, I will keep my eyes out for a 7027157 for a reasonable price. I bid on a NOS still in its box on Ebay that was only at $75 when I put in my bid max'd out at $150 as I assumed despite NOS it was still going to need a refresh when I got it. But, as usual, some guy stole it with 4 minutes to go for $167.50. Did I mention . . . I hate Ebay?

IMG_1078.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
And, since the shocks are toast on the ole girl and I suspect the springs too, I think I mentioned over on the other thread that this gave me a BING (y) opportunity to just use the Eibach Pro SS Springs and Bilstein AKs on this 67 that I bought for the 87 since I already found in the back they were only going to lower the 87 a 1/2", not 1 1/2" no doubt because the over 30 year old factory springs have squished that much over time. And I got the Viking Adjustable COs for the front of the 87 along with UMI's 2" lowering springs and a set of Viking Adjustable shocks for the back of it. So, my procrastination [actually just crappy health] on that project opened up an opportunity on this one. No immediate need to do this swap right away though. Will just do it when I do it . . . want to just drive this ole girl!

IMG_0398.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh the memories of the 1967 442. I took my driver's ed in a 1967 Olds Cutlass one of the dealerships donated to the school to teach us. Beautiful maroon. That was a big car to learn to drive in but I loved every minute behind the wheel. Oh, I did pass the course, of course. :)

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
67 442 has always been a favorite of mine.Shame that they stopped the tri-power at the end of 66. I always liked how Olds,Pontiac,and Buick offered theyre muscle cars in those days as post sedans along with hard tops. Beautiful car

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Nice car. You need to keep one driveable:).

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor