68 Galaxie XL GT 390 4 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
So me and my dad where looking around and found a 68 Galaxie XL GT 390 factory 4 speed in almost mint shape from the original owner. Guy wants a very fair deal for the car, my question is, is the car worth anything and is a factory 4 speed rare? Car runs and drives good. Just curious to see what you g-body guys think what its worth.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I was never a huge fan of the 390 but there are people that absolutely LOVE!!!! them. If I had a dollar every time a 390 guy bragged about how 335HP was 'under-rated" while I'm staring at some of the most restrictive log exhaust manifolds I've ever seen on a big block.

4 speed is a huge plus.

Jay Leno is a big Galaxie XL guy. He'd probably go $30K if it is really is mint.

Sight unseen I'd go $7,500, fix it up and flip it for $12K.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
manual ford full size cars are rare in and of themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Those are worth quite a bit. I actually like 390 Fords. FE is my favorite engine family from the blue oval.

Anything sub 7500 for a car in good shape is a deal.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I was never a huge fan of the 390 but there are people that absolutely LOVE!!!! them. If I had a dollar every time a 390 guy bragged about how 335HP was 'under-rated" while I'm staring at some of the most restrictive log exhaust manifolds I've ever seen on a big block.

4 speed is a huge plus.

Jay Leno is a big Galaxie XL guy. He'd probably go $30K if it is really is mint.

Sight unseen I'd go $7,500, fix it up and flip it for $12K.

Yea kinda of my thought. car is still owned buy the guy who bought it new and has the orginal title and all paper work and build sheet. And its a "Z" code 390 315hp i beleive is the power rating.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I worked with a guy that would trade his sons for that car, but I don't know how much actual cash he has. If it was rust free and the paint good it is a worthwhile investment at $7500, even if you thought it was big, ugly, slow and drove like @ss. Above that or needing major restoration you have to be (or know) an actual lover of full size fords with money, and those are not that common (like lovers of full size Chevy's with money).

A 396 Impala original owner with factory 4 speed and its gone in 10 minutes @ $12K.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor