69 El Camino 10 bolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I may be wrong but looking at the view of the cover and the u joint straps that does not look like a 10 bolt rear end from an A body

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
My point was if it is a true 69 el Camino 10 bolt it’s an 8.2. Could something else have been put in later sure. It may have even been a 12 bolt car and someone stole it for another project and stuck in whatever was laying around.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I wouldn't waste the money. I'll tell you right off the bat the spring perches are completely in the wrong place, those would have to be torched off and rewelded. I'd rather spend that 675 on some axles, posi unit (maybe gears depending on your current ratio), and some axles for a 7.5 10 bolt.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I wouldn't waste the money. I'll tell you right off the bat the spring perches are completely in the wrong place, those would have to be torched off and rewelded. I'd rather spend that 675 on some axles, posi unit (maybe gears depending on your current ratio), and some axles for a 7.5 10 bolt.

those spring perches are in the same location of what's on my 8.2 and they work fine in that location. But to cut them off and put the perches in the center of the axle tube is a minor modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor