6th gen seats in 85SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Thought I'd post my final fab work on the front seats. I originally made brackets to keep the 6th gen power seat tracks. Everything fit nicely until I installed my console. Ended up ditching the 6th gen seat tracks (too wide) and make some brackets for the seat base to bolt to original g-body seat tracks. Pretty easy with a welder and some flat bar stock. Basically 2"x17x3/16th" lengths, one end has a 2" piece welded on and the other 3". These 2 pieces were to shim the seat so the seat adjuster could work and also the seat frame itself is flat where the seat tracks are curved. Bolted the track in the car put the seat on to, marked the holes drilled and bolted them together. Also gave me a chance to mount the driver's seat rearwards a bit for some extra leg room. Going to keep the side plastic trim pieces with the switches etc in them for a more finished look, just need to trim the bottom off.

Attachments

• 20201223_195840.jpg
    20201223_195840.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 245
  • 20201223_200426.jpg
    20201223_200426.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 236
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Did you consider finding some Gbody power seat tracks and mounting the seats to those?
I have aftermarket Cerullo buckets mounted to a pair of driver's power seat tracks in my Monte with a center console.
IMO I am not giving up the adjustability of a power seat to go back to a manual seat.

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Did you consider finding some Gbody power seat tracks and mounting the seats to those?
I have aftermarket Cerullo buckets mounted to a pair of driver's power seat tracks in my Monte with a center console.
IMO I am not giving up a power seat to go back to a manual seat.
I had my manual ones left over so I used them. If the Gbody power tracks have the same mounting holes as manual ones (I think they would) would be an easy swap over in the future.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm not 100% sure, I didn't really drive the car when I bought it a few years ago. So the height is a little bit of a mystery for me. I do find them a little tall, but I may just be used to my Camaro. I think they could go down more, but if I tilt the seat back they aren't too bad. I'd have to sit in a stock seat to tell for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor