7.5 leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
My 7.5 is leaking like crazy so I obviously need need seals however it was told to me I should do the bearings with repair sleeves or it will just eat the seals is there anything else I should do while In there?

And is the change to synthetic gear lube and different than factory weight worth the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Do new bearing instead of repair sleeves. Check the axles at the bearing & seal contact areas for wear/axle replacement. Best case all you need is just seals. Of course this leads down the rabbit hole with other things.

Reactions: 1 user

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
If the axle is in spec just use regular bearings. If the bearing contact surface is worn I'd rather do axles than a repair bearing (& after seeing those Ranger ones I don't have a warm & fuzzy on them.)

Reactions: 1 user

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
Sounds like I better tear it apart prior and check everything out first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor