700R4 Governor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2009
Hilton head island, SC / Wilmington, NC
So i've know that my governor has a problem, the 1-2 shift churps the tires, i know its a common problem with theese transmissions.

My problem is, i can't find anybody who sells a new governor, but my question is do i need an entirely NEW one?

I planned on buying this re-calibration kit, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BMM-20248/

Because I've heard that most of the time it's just bad weights or springs that cause the 1-2 shift to be harder.

Any advice? :?:

Wow that site is great.

I'm ordering the re-calibration kit and the governor along with allot of other new goodies for my transmission.

Question for you guys, I recently upgraded to a aluminium 4 core radiator, and it does NOT have a transmission cooler. So i went and bought the biggest transmission cooler i could find, and i'm mounting it in front of the radiator so it has direct air flow from the grille.

Also i'm picking up one of theese Derale Transmission pan coolers, Check them out http://www.partshp.com/Pans.htm

I've also re-ran the transmission lines so that they recieve allot of blow off from the fan.

I think this all should be enough to keep my trans pretty cool, any opinions? I'm also picking up a nice temp guage from that website to keep an eye on it.

Sounds good to me. Good luck with everything. Only other thing you could really do to keep it cool would be to get one of those cooler mounted fans...but it would probably be overkill, but good for cooling when idling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor