70s A body Wagon Rear Springs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Few years after install, my moog GN replacement rears are fully settled. I want to RAISE the car about an inch or two in the rear. I was thinking big block a body wagon (think vista cruiser) rear springs might work. I recall seeing something about this swap with a body rear springs, but I was wondering how different wagon springs would be.

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
Those are way too much. I looked at that as well as 80s caprice. I used g wagon spring of the cargo variety. The car is almost too high in back. Do a search this is a popular question lots of info out there

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
What part number does an A body rear wagon spring translate to? 5413?

I have had 5401 and 5409 in my 2+2. 5401 were good but a little low with a full trunk of drag week style tools and tires. 5409's are where I am now.

A body springs are higher spring rate and shoter free height than stock G body stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor