71 Rocket in 87 Cutty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fear

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 26, 2007
Indianapolis
I have searched High and low for a 71 and older Olds 350. I didnt want to just throw a chevy in my 87 Cutlass. Finaly after some guy from a junkyard laughing and telling me good luck :mad: The next yard I called said, yeah we have a wrecked 71 Cuty. ;D The car had just been repainted and motor reworked and he got hit. It was hit in the front so I was alittle nervous. took me about 2 weeks to get it, installed but I got it running today. It was orange to match his car but the gold had to come back.This is the before ]
I had to drive this while my car was down. 1971 Chevelle SS, 454 BB. Oh man its been rough. ;)

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
Looks awesome!! Especially in "Rocket Gold". Show it to the guy that said "Good Luck"!!!

I'd imagine it was a fairly easy install using Olds 307 mounts and all. If my 307 takes a dump, I'll probably swap in a 77-79 403 from a T/A or Full-size GM sedan. Paint it up just like the 307 and hurt some feelings!!! LOL

Good luck with it.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Gold just looks right on an old Olds engine. I know in different years they came in red but gold is trademark Olds. You would think it would be a Cadillac trademark engine color.

You might have to build that 403 up some before you can use it to hurt too many feelings. Just some 403 links.
www.jsmachineoldsmobile.com
www.realoldspower.com check out engine builds/combos then "403 street motor"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor