73-77 housing measurements needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
I know some of you guys have these in your cars.

I am building a floater rear end for a circle track car for a guy, he has a 73-77 A body. He brought me a metric housing that was bent and a 65 (!!)" truck housing to jig up.

So Im at the stage that I am welding mounts on but dont have a factory rear to measure off.

As shown in the pic, I need the measurement from spring perch to spring perch, the measurement between the LCA mounts and UCA mounts. I just ask that you tell me how you measured it so when Im welding mine on I am measuring the same way.

Attachments

• IMG_3729.jpg
    IMG_3729.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 126

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
We already locked up the shop for the week. Best just to use the chassis as a "no fail" jig, the control arms will tell you where to put things. If you can wait till next week call the shop and I'll send someone out back with a tape measure for you.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor