77 regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dstratt01

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2010
found one on craigslist for $600. has no motor but the body and interior seem to be mint. just wondering if it would be worth it to buy and fix up. let me know what you think.

Attachments

• pizap.com10.042363137938082221394499926828.jpg
    pizap.com10.042363137938082221394499926828.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 154
I know nothing about that era of Regals... But if its big-boaty-boxy cars you like, I say go for it. I would...
But I'd get underneath and see just how "mint" everything is.

If you buy it, it would make a great buick 455 project!

yeah. i figure the thing is a rust bucket. it shows a picture of the trunk... or whats left of it. its gonna need a whole new trunk pan.

I had a bunch of Regals and a few Cutlasses from 73-77, since I worked for a Buick dealer at that time. All I can say is that I was very impressed with the improvement in the handling and agility of the 78 when they were first introduced, versus the overweight, over-sized 77 and earlier, even though the 76-77 were IMO better looking than the 78-80 Regals. But "dare to be different" if that's what you really want. Be advised that any kind of repro parts network for the 73-77 model year "A" bodies is virtually non-existent.

Bill

I had a 76 cutlass back in the day and i absolutley loved it. Not a muscle machine, just a big *ss cruiser. If its solid id say go for it.

if ya need parts let me know. i bought a 77regal last wednesday, trans went out this wednesday. prolly gonna part it and scrap it.

IMO, if the trunk is rusted out badly, it's not worth $600 with out a motor/transmission.... if there were no rust at all, then I'd say it's worth it. like billyjack said, there's not alot of reproduction parts out there for it...

I also agree with billyjack, that I love the look of them 8) we had a '77 t-top for sale in this area a few months ago in real nice condition for $2000.... if I had the cash then, it'd be in my driveway right now :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor