'78 - '81 Hurst (4-Speed) Shifter Lever Bushings

Status
Not open for further replies.

HADA442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2017
My mistake, sorry: Yes, the transmission is a Saginaw M-20. I edited my original post.

Ok.
Just so you know,an M22 is a Muncie,not a Saginaw.
Did your pit pack look like this one;
Also,and this is just my personal preference,I would use the steel bushings over the nylon.
If you need any more help,I can recommend Paul Cangialosi,or 5Speeds as he is known.
Here is a link;
He does sell bushings,but he does say they will not replace factory rubber bushings.
He may be able to point you in the right direction.
Might not hurt to send him an email.
Guy

Guy:

I decided not to buy the Hurst Pit Pack kit. I think those bushings are the same OD and ID as the nylon ones that I bought, so they also won't fit. I actually was two seconds from buying Paul's kit, until I happened to notice the mention (on his website) of them not working on stock shifters. (As a side-note for the manual transmission guys: I've checked-out some of his how-to videos, and they're pretty informative and helpful)!

Reactions: 1 user

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
M20 was an RPO code for wide ratio 4 speed and was not specific to Muncie or Saginaw. Code M20 was last used specifically on A bodies in the 78 model year. 79 and up used RPO MM4. Other GM divisions might use different coding.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
I have several of those factory Hurst shifters. I modified the one I am using in my car by opening the holes up slightly with an end mill to use Paul Cangelosi's bushings. They make such a huge difference in shifter feel.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I have several of those factory Hurst shifters. I modified the one I am using in my car by opening the holes up slightly with an end mill to use Paul Cangelosi's bushings. They make such a huge difference in shifter feel.
What are so special about his?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor