'78 - '81 Hurst (4-Speed) Shifter Lever Bushings

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
GM didn't use Hurst shifters on the Saginaws. They used ITM shifters. I'm not sure where you can get them. You can try these guys:

Tommy
Pontiacs seemed to of had the Hurst shifter over the ITM, the other divisions either didn't get them or was low installed numbers. The ITM & OEM Hurst are copies of each other using the same rods & hardware. The OEM Hurst was different than the Comp Plus shifter that it looked like. Like I posted earlier Inline Tube looks to be repoping the Hurst/ITM bushings.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
I have 3 OEM A body Hurst shifters. It seems that the BOP A bodies came with the Hurst. The GM parts book even shows Hurst labelling on the chrome handle. It's kind of an odd ball as the BOP cars did not offer the 4 speed on every model year during the 78-80 time period.

HADA442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2017
Just a quick update: I ended-up going with a set of rubber bushings, from Motorcity Super Cars/Inline Tube, instead of modifying the shifter. Other than needing to make some adjustments to the shifter's linkage rods: The shifter is noticeably functioning better than it was. Thanks for all of your help!

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor