78-83 Regal full gauges wiring plug???

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Guys, my 80 Regal only has the upper gauges. I have all the gauges, housing, and circuit board from a full gauge dash. I want to make it a full gauge car. Do I have to swap wires around in the main wiring plug for printed circuit board or are they there already? I've had to swap wires on the plugs in the past for my El Camino and Cutlass Salon when I went to full gauges

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
So you have a Turbo Regal dash with the boost and temp gauge? Or did Buick make a non turbo dash with full gages?

To answer, no. But there will be wires missing for the boost gauge and possible location of the check engine light and stuff changed in the dash itself BUT the didnt need to be repinned.

I installed a 78 sport couple cluster in my 80 Century dash.

On a Cutlass you have to repin it, but a Buick, at least my 78 cluster in a 80 dash, it didn't need any repinning.

My turbo dash cluster had some rough life in the past on the boost gage pod, and I'm missing something, but the only differences were 2 additional contacts on the bottom strip 3rd and 4th in from the left. They went directly to the boost gage

1553116821449.png

1553116860318.png

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
I installed a sport gauge set up in my 83 regal that was originally had to 3 gauges sport gauge I picked up out of the junkyard years ago had the voltage and the temperature and it plugged right in and the volts works can't remember if the temperature works might have to get the proper sending unit to make it work

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor