'78 Grand LeMans PARTING! SOLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Key lock out switch? Is that the little tab I have to press to turn ignition switch to the off/lock position? Is it something that is absolutely necessary if I have a manual transmission?
if you are really interested in it. I'm wanting $400 for it. I haven't come across any other '78 tilt columns when i searched eBay, Facebook etc. Open to offers.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
if you are really interested in it. I'm wanting $400 for it. I haven't come across any other '78 tilt columns when i searched eBay, Facebook etc. Open to offers.
I think that I will pass, in favor of looking for a '79-later due to the ability to add an Astro/Jeep intermediate shaft at a later time. Thank you.

Reactions: 1 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
I think that I will pass, in favor of looking for a '79-later due to the ability to add an Astro/Jeep intermediate shaft at a later time. Thank you.
Fair enough. I understand not many people also want to pay that much. Open to offers If anyone else is interested in it.

Reactions: 1 user

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Bump. Tired of looking at it. Make an offer on parts. Rear Speaker Tray, & Front Fenders/Inners & Core support are the only things not for sale.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I'm always looking for the 1978 silver gauges. Are they gauges or idiot lights? Can you show a pic of the gauge pod?

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
I'm always looking for the 1978 silver gauges. Are they gauges or idiot lights? Can you show a pic of the gauge pod?
Hi. I think they were all functional gauges, but I'm not 100% i can look tomorrow. I have no use for them. Although i think it does have a factory clock unit in it, i found a NOS gauge on eBay i was going to buy for my 1979. Anything else that you'd be interested in/want.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My main concern is that they are still dampened. If the dampening fluid leaks out then the gauge bounces around like crazy. A simple 9v battery test works well. It won't hurt the gauge and you can tell if the gauge is dampened because it will respond slowly.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
My main concern is that they are still dampened. If the dampening fluid leaks out then the gauge bounces around like crazy. A simple 9v battery test works well. It won't hurt the gauge and you can tell if the gauge is dampened because it will respond slowly.
pm me and we can talk further. i can put a battery in the car and still see what works/doesn't.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
PM sent. I just noticed two of mine are bouncing now.

genestang

Apprentice
Sep 18, 2021
Just curious but we’re the visors green? Looking for some for sure seem hard to find

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor