78 malibu classic resto car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdub1976

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 14, 2017
Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone can tell me what a 78 Malibu classic should cost. Looking to build a project car. I found 1 in my area that's pretty beat up for $1000. Its been sitting for a while and isnt running, has a 305 from a 74 z28. Any feedback would be appreciated.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
depending on your area, that might be a decent price.... you wouldn't happen to have a quick pic of it would you?

rust/problem areas to look at closely are:
bottoms of doors
frame rails behind rear axle
floor pans, especially in the footwell areas

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
From what you are describing it sound high to me - it's hard to tell w/o knowing a lot more. Just so you know the 74 z28 had a 350, the 305 didn't come out till the late 70's. Unsure of what kind of project you are looking for but you are going to be a lot further ahead in the long run (and cheaper) spending more money up front for a nice car if not one completely done to you liking. Take a look @ Silverfoxed 79 Lemans in cars for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor