78 Malibu LS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NM1999

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2018
I am committed to building a LS1 78 malibu. This is my first build and I would greatly appreciate any advice or wisdom I could get.
Thanks alot.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users

GbodyL.Sguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2017
Ohio
Thats pretty dope what setup are you planning on running efi,carb, auto or manual do you plan on leaving the 7.5 10 bolt in or swapping it out

NM1999

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2018
Thats pretty dope what setup are you planning on running efi,carb, auto or manual do you plan on leaving the 7.5 10 bolt in or swapping it out
To be completely honest and I knkw this is a terrible thing to say but I would like to leave it Carbed but I wanna do EFI I just have no clue how EFI works, I wanna do a 4 spd manual Ls1 but I know an auto would be better in the long run in terms of resale value and all that. I had planned on leaving the 10 bolt in it

GbodyL.Sguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2017
Ohio
To be completely honest and I knkw this is a terrible thing to say but I would like to leave it Carbed but I wanna do EFI I just have no clue how EFI works, I wanna do a 4 spd manual Ls1 but I know an auto would be better in the long run in terms of resale value and all that. I had planned on leaving the 10 bolt in it

I'm not judging whichever route you go you'll enjoy it the carb setup is simple, efi well I'm with you its a head scratcher lol. The 4sp manual is so so I'd look for a t56 from a 99-02 LS1 fbody that way you can get all the parts for the motor and trans at the same time. If you get one from a GTO you have to use the GTO bellhousing, shifter and starter, the CTSv idk to much about. And honestly if you dont have to replace anything don't that 10 bolts holding up leave it until it breaks. I did a carb 5.3/350th and the oil pump went out sounded good had wires everywhere though lol.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
auto would be better in the long run in terms of resale value and all that.

LOL - You are in the wrong hobby if you are letting the resale value of G-body direct your decisions. Do what makes you happy and move on.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor