78 Malibu Vinyl bench cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowd239

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 3, 2019
Hey all, I've got a 78 Malibu with a camel color vinyl bench seat. It is not the split type and does not recline. I can't find a cover for it anywhere. Does anyone know if they make one? Thanks!

20191019_164640.jpg

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
They both sell either PUI or Acme cover kits.

My beef with both manufacturers is that the available reds are not even close for my 81. Maybe they do better with other colors?

Also, PUI no longer offers the cloth covers for 81

lowd239

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 3, 2019
Thanks for the replies. I've checked out a few of those sites but it seems like most of them have the 50/50 bench covers but not the straight bench. Rock Auto looks to have the straight bench but their listings are pretty confusing. Unfortunately anything over $300 is out of my budget and it looks like most of the options are. And the rear bench is in great shape so I was hoping to only buy the matching front cover.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You can always use the Mexican blanket remedy. ;)

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

lowd239

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 3, 2019
Haha seriously, I'm tempted to! Mexican blanket would probably look decent with the camel interior

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I realize it's more of a rat rod or traditional hot rod thing, but it sure as hell beats sitting on and looking at ripped up upholstery.
Maybe consider getting a cloth seat cover for it like a Saddleman brand, or something of that nature. https://www.saddleman.com/
I use seat covers in two of my cars and the upholstery is in decent shape. It's more to protect the seats than esthetics.
Your seat does remind me of my old Malibu bench seat. It was also ripped to sh*t.

Dixie Restoration Depot

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 24, 2016
Manchester, CT
I took this as a challenge and dug through the ACME book, They would sell just the front seats in your camel vinyl but they are a little over the budget that you posted. If anyone else is curious you can just order 4-door or wagon front seat upholstery. I agree with what Longroof said, their options for red leave a lot to be desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor