78’ Regal Body Trim Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DurtyBreed

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2018
San Jo, Califas
I’m Currently Restoring A 78’ Regal And I’ve Been Wanting To Replace These Rub Rails On The Body Trim But I Cant Seem To Find Any Replacements Or Even Whole Chrome Trim Molding To Swap It... I’m Wondering If Any Of You Have Ever Replaced It Or If You Guys Think I Should Try Removing It, Painting It And Putting It Back On The Car... I’ve Always Considered Myself Pretty Tech Savy But This One Piece I Cant Find...

Sorry The Photo Was At Night

Attachments

• EC77092C-2B1B-461F-BF19-D928A69720E1.jpeg
    EC77092C-2B1B-461F-BF19-D928A69720E1.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 210

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
My classic industries catalog has the number.... it's this:
available in white (assume its white+chrome) and black.
molding.jpg

Disregaurd the top article about the B pillar molding, and the wheel arch molding.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Also, word of caution: if you try to remove it, there is a VERY large chance you will take some paint with it.

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Last edited:

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
I’m Currently Restoring A 78’ Regal And I’ve Been Wanting To Replace These Rub Rails On The Body Trim But I Cant Seem To Find Any Replacements Or Even Whole Chrome Trim Molding To Swap It... I’m Wondering If Any Of You Have Ever Replaced It Or If You Guys Think I Should Try Removing It, Painting It And Putting It Back On The Car... I’ve Always Considered Myself Pretty Tech Savy But This One Piece I Cant Find...

Sorry The Photo Was At Night

By the way, those mouldings are not GM. They are aftermarket.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor