79-80 malibu/el camino interchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUBLIME80BU

Apprentice
Jul 9, 2016
303LOCAL
I found an el camino on CL thats listed "79-80 el camino" this car is in parts but all there, id like to possibly put the car back together or if its a losing cause id at least begin my g-body hoard.

What parts could i use on my 80 malibu? i would post a link to the ad but i dont know if its against the rules.
thank you.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Other people have posted links to various ads before, so I don't think that would be a problem. As for the parts interchange issue, most of the parts will interchange, but there are some minor differences in some systems from year to year. I'm sure that if you ask here, people will be able to help.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Basically from the seat forward would work on a 2 door Malibu, doors included...just have to swap glass. Slight difference in front ends through the years (as well as dash style (78-80) and (81 & up). 82/83 was quad headlight front end and only offered in 4 door.

Reactions: 1 user

SUBLIME80BU

Apprentice
Jul 9, 2016
303LOCAL
Other people have posted links to various ads before, so I don't think that would be a problem. As for the parts interchange issue, most of the parts will interchange, but there are some minor differences in some systems from year to year. I'm sure that if you ask here, people will be able to help.

thanks again, went and looked at it the front clip is different the headlight bezel is one peice i like my front clip it has the two piece crome bezel, i wouldnt give that grill up, however i like the 83 malibu front clip, if i could get my hands on a total clip with all the bits and pieces i woulnt think twice.

I couldn't tell if the 80 side marker lens would fit my 78-79ish grill if anyone has a picture of a 78 clip where the side maker lens mounts i think mine was cut a bit or it could be casting or molding defects.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I couldn't tell if the 80 side marker lens would fit my 78-79ish grill if anyone has a picture of a 78 clip where the side maker lens mounts i think mine was cut a bit or it could be casting or molding defects.

The 78/79 corner marker lights are quite a bit smaller than the 80/81 markers...

QSZKkK.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor