79 Cutlass Oil Filter Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The small and large filter for the Olds V8 are interchangeable. The reason the gasket looks like it is in a different place is the PH25 is a much larger diameter. I have used the smaller Wix 51045 307 filter on the Olds 350 and 403 due to headers/exhaust placement. I have also used the larger 51258 oil filter on the Olds 260 and 307. Talking multiple times, no leakage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

zipties

Apprentice
Feb 2, 2022
must have looked pretty goofy at the parts store today, comparing almost a dozen filters lol.

i ended up going with the 1258, works fine. No leaks and no issues fitting it around the header.

the 350 in the car isn't the original motor (car had a 260 according to the VIN) but i didn't know there was a difference between the years like that. good to know for sure

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor