79 Cutlass Supreme Tail Light Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

soloinde

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 14, 2015
New Castle, DE
I have a 79 Cutlass Supreme and the rear drivers side taillight seems to be bright on the upper part of the lens and dim on the lower part of the lens. I took it apart and there isn't any bulb in the lower housing. So what could the problem be? Any help is appreciated.

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
Do you mean that there is not a hole in the housing for a lower bulb or no bulb in the socket at the bottom of the housing.

soloinde

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 14, 2015
New Castle, DE
Do you mean that there is not a hole in the housing for a lower bulb or no bulb in the socket at the bottom of the housing.

The is no socket in the lower housing. It’s the same on the right lamp no lower socket and that one is bright upper and lower of the lens. Wondering if the early 79’s were made different then the later 79’s. This car is all original.

Huen79H/O

Apprentice
Jun 5, 2018
The 78-80 all have 2 bulbs per side that are side by side have you taken the lens off to check there is some thing in it blocking the light

soloinde

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 14, 2015
New Castle, DE
I just finished cleaning the lenses and spraying the housing silver since it was rather dull and dirty. That seems to have made it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor