79 Cutlass Supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
I happened to stumble on this really clean Cutlass last night on ebay. It was 850 OBO. I tried to offer lower and he declined. I found it listed on craigslist as well so I went ahead and did the buy it now to secure my chances of getting this car before the craigslist sharks found it. It will have to wait until my regal is done before any money gets spent on this one. The 84-87 regals are my favorite G body. The 78-80 Cutlass is my second favorite so i jumped on this as soon as I saw it. The car is in Vegas so i am heading out tomorrow from Phoenix to pick it up. I plan on getting it drivable as is and drive it while I build the Regal. I'm pretty excited.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:
  • Winner
  • In Love
Reactions: 8 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Looks good. Interesting plot twist at the end.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Nice score for $850. I would tune it up and get it running, shampoo the interior, give the exterior a good spit shine and use it as a DD.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
Nice score for $850. I would tune it up and get it running, shampoo the interior, give the exterior a good spit shine and use it as a DD.

That's the plan. I have plenty of extra take off parts from my Regal to fix it up and make it reliable to drive. After i get the frame off resto done on my Regal then that whole process will start again on the Cutlass.

Reactions: 2 users

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
I got the car home from Vegas. The car is really good shape for being 40. Since the Regal is at the body shop i used my gta wheels to get it home on the tow dolly. The gold looks pretty good with the camel colored interior. The gas tank is empty and full of rust and crud. I pulled the lines off the fuel pump and dumped some gas down the carb. It fired right up! Woohoo! Going to order new tank, sending unit, and pump to get it drivable. I spent sunday cleaning it up. The oldman who had it looked like he hadn't washed it since the 90s

full

full

• Winner
Reactions: 13 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Beautiful score, congratulations!

Looks like the one year older brother to my “Project Olds Cool”

CBA284BD-F1D0-43AE-90B7-E595C434792E.jpeg

Tuned in, will be following your progress!

Reactions: 1 users

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
It's nothing fancy. Just a base model 3.8 cutlass supreme. I like the fact that it has no vinyl roof. It has alway been in vegas so there is no rust anywhere that I have seen. I have never seen the gauge package without a tach though. That's a little weird. I will redo the interior factory style and color, fix the fuel system, cut and buff the paint and drive it til my Regal is done.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor