79 Cutlass Supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
Look how awesome this thing looks. ☺ I have been driving this for about a month now after the LS1 swap and I gotta say it's awesome. First a/gbody i've had that you don't have to coax it into starting, or hope it doesn't die when you pull up to a stop sign. Also first gbody i have had that can easily get out of it's own way. 0-60 times can be measured in single digit seconds now and not minutes. This was well worth the investment and time. It's super fun to drive.

full

Reactions: 5 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 user

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
It was a 3.8 v6 from the factory. It has a 5.7 all aluminum LS1 in it now from a 99 firebird formula. Major improvement. Very fun car to drive now.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The LS is everywhere for sale. I can hardly find an Olds V8 for sale, they were everywhere a couple of years ago. Well, I could have got a low mile Olds 260 cheap, no thanks! Oddly enough there are a bunch of Buick 300 and 350's for sale, a direct 3.8 swap, never hardly saw them even back a few years ago. Most of the late 70's Buick, 80's Lesabre were Olds powered and the 80's Regal were sbc up here. I hope that 4L60 turd trans holds up. My BIL had to rebuild his on his 95 Z28, big surprise. He also found out the oil pump pick up fell off his motor and why it had the LT1 "tick". Very nice car and yeah, comparing base motors of the 70's to 300+ V6 cars of today is a joke. Plus frail 3 speed trans that the 3.8 and 260 could kill to very strong, smooth 8 and 10 speed trans rated at 400 ft/lbs in the lowest models with deep first gears, tall OD and still better ratio and stronger rears make the base G bodies borderline undriveable in modern traffic.

Reactions: 1 user

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
Someone has been through the 4l60e that is in my car. Not sure what all they did to it but it shifts great and you can actually feel it shift through all the gears. It doesn't feel like the typical pos 4l60e. Either way i have zero dollars in this LS1 and 4l60e after i parted out the 99 formula. I bought the whole running, driving, and registered pontiac with 98,000 miles on it for 1500. I don't race the cutlass or abuse it. Hopefully the trans holds up. If not, i'll throw a 4l80e in there and repin the trans connector.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor