GRAND PRIX 79 Grand Prix Resurrection

CDUNIGAN1981

Master Mechanic
Mar 15, 2015
Ok, whelp.
Respectfully, under every circumstance these headers are going on this car.

The guy that built this thing was devastated when he found out I couldn't order headers from a magazine. He even tried to change my cam bc of it.

Also, they are on my garage floor and paid for.

If it takes a month and is a royal to do, it will be worth in my mind due to his advice and the subsequent piece of mind and even a 5 hp gain (but I believe more).

With that, these are not for a gto. They were made for this car specifically so Im hopeful.

Next dilemma
I have been considering a high cap oil pan and also want to swap ac box for heater only panel.

Do I jack up motor and keep going with exhaust (headers back) or pull the motor now so I can have space in engine bay for ac delete and headers install?

Also, is raising a motor by placing the jack on an oil pan the worst idea ever?

How do you lift a motor without a hoist?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CDUNIGAN1981

Master Mechanic
Mar 15, 2015
Property Prep day with the family off the premises.

Gave away a bunch of bullshit away in the front yard.

Spun the car around to allow for front end disassembly, engine pull and transmission drop.

Cleaned out shed for hood, fenders and header storage.

Slowly slowly but moving forward

a88002c43d9118187e172d3be900dc64.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

CDUNIGAN1981

Master Mechanic
Mar 15, 2015
transmission out!

My dad came over and helped me out all afternoon which was special to say the least as so much of my attachment to this car are memories of him and I.

Today was especially gratifying as Mom has Frontotemporal Dementia and we rarely have time alone. It was a great escape for my Dad.

d76ad368878284a38d47aa51ea654047.jpg
50fc46ef31a668420f94437e458f6634.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Today was especially gratifying as Mom has Frontotemporal Dementia and we rarely have time alone. It was a great escape for my Dad.

My wife has FTD and your father needs all the help he can get and also have some time for himself. Helping you and doing some things he likes is the diversion he needs. My wife needs to be watched 24/7 which I am managing to handle (with help from my kids) but it is starting to ware on me. Kudos to you Dad.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor