79 Hurst W30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
$1000 sounds like a good deal. Someone needs to save it!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
missing the dual gate shifter and correct wheels, and like you say the emblems, but does have the black header insert. You checked the VIN? The VIN will be 3K47R9M+6 digit serial number. Should have an Olds 350/TH350 in it. With the rest of those parts missing I'd crawl under there and look for the big "350" cast into the block. Even if it is an actual H/O, you're looking at locating those parts to bring it back, especially that '79-only shifter. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
I have an 80 W 30 and parts are extremely hard to get and check the vin number you are missing the correct rims and and Hurst Olds in 79 had the hurst split gate shifters not sure if it is a clone the engine should be a 350 with 3A heads on it you can see the 3 a casting on the driver side just behind the alternator good luck and buyer be ware have a good day Jeff

Reactions: 1 users

79Lemans

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2015
Michigan
I have an 80 W 30 and parts are extremely hard to get and check the vin number you are missing the correct rims and and Hurst Olds in 79 had the hurst split gate shifters not sure if it is a clone the engine should be a 350 with 3A heads on it you can see the 3 a casting on the driver side just behind the alternator good luck and buyer be ware have a good day Jeff
Thanks! not exactly sure if ill get it the guy said he already has like20 people super interested in it. if i do thought i'll keep you gentlemen updated on it.

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Thanks! not exactly sure if ill get it the guy said he already has like20 people super interested in it. if i do thought i'll keep you gentlemen updated on it.
if the car was close to me I would buy it and tow it back to Canada for 1000 bucks even if it is a clone it is in great shape good luck

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
The car looks to be in good shape. I would buy it for $1000 whether or not it's authentic.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor