79 lemans hood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlkaiser69

n00b
Aug 13, 2012
hey yall.....i just got my first pontiac lemans yesterday...but 2nd gbody as my first was an 80 malibu with a 16pt funny car style cage and a 540 bbc with a power glide....i took this lemans on a trade for a car i was tired of messing with and only took it because i havent seen any around my town here in south carolina...my problem is starting with this..im happy it has a sbc and th350 trans in it and i was really interested in the pontiac looks in the front and rear bumper...but has anyone ever seen a aftermarket cowl hood for these cars or anything aftermarket for that matter...lemme know please i would really like a cowl for this car or possible if i could find a shaker out of a t/a or the scoop i saw on the pontiacs on the smokey and the bandit....any info would help a ton...and my name is lee im new to the forum...

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the forum Lee. I've got a '79 LeMans as well. I think there was a post in this section about cowl hoods for our cars, I don't think there is an aftermarket one. I toyed with the idea of putting a T/A style shaker scoop on mine as well but decided against it. I think it would look badass with the shaker scoop and a GTO style hood tach. I'm sure a good body shop could make a cowl or a shaker though.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
rlkaiser69,
I think the shaker scoop from the TA on a Pontiac Lemans (or the Grand Am) would kook great, because very few people have them!
Here's my plans for my El Camino (Grand Am Sport Truck :idea: 8) )
Dougs20Cars200011640x480-1.jpg

Doug

rlkaiser69

n00b
Aug 13, 2012
ive been told that the scoop off a trans am is different on 70-76 bodystyles than the 77-79 trans am...maybe through 80...its something ima have to look into...i like the lines on my stock hood with the point in the grill...so i really want to keep those lines that make a pontiac stand out...just the joys of liking cars that arent as mainstream as the usual 1st gen camaros...or malibus..or everything else the aftermarket wants to make endless parts for,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor